Sunday, November 02, 2008

And so... it begins

Around the world, Nano-ers are busily abusing their keyboards and their characters.

Thousands of different worlds popped into existence in one massive spatial shift. Tens of thousands of people suddenly appeared out of thin air; wars are being waged, arguments had, action scenes started - or ended - births, marriages, deaths... it's all happening in Nanoland.

I got off to a reasonable start - what with family visiting and all - but I think I stuffed up the beginning. Oh, the salient points are there, it's just not flowing as well as I want it to. (Must have something to do with rambunctious children rampaging through the house - and who can blame them? - there are so many places for kids to work their imaginations on.)

Hmmm... I've just checked previous years starting days and this is one of the better ones. Maybe having the kids around helped! Who knew?

Anyway, I'm rolling along and expect a good day's writing.

Word count from yesterday? 6575. A good day's work.

2 comments:

Marina said...

Your name is still legend round here. When I logged in to Nano to update my wordcount and check how my buddies were going, the first thing my eldest said was "how many words did Jaye Patrick write?"!

Jaye Patrick said...

Aww, man!! That made my ears redden!

You tell your eldest I'm humbled to be remembered, and thank you.