Thursday, August 21, 2008

Three Years....

Well, I missed it - the third anniversary of this blog. It was earlier on this week, Monday, actually.

Geez, three years! And I'm suddenly at a loss for words... or not...

Every now and then, I think of deleting the blog - for a variety of reasons - and then I think I've still got stuff to bitch and moan about. And it's good therapy. These days, you've got to be careful about what you say for fear of being accused of racism or political incorrectness, or ageism, gender bias or any number of things because you don't think like most people feel you should.

But on a blog... ah, well, you can say whatever and be virtually guaranteed of someone out there agreeing or ferociously disagreeing. On either point, a breaking out of common sense debate might just happen.

As a habit, it's fairly innocuous. For a writer, it's good practice. It's also a place I can vent my spleen, whine, cajole, explain, test and otherwise say stuff I don't have another forum for.

Anyway... I'm busy sorting out this plotting thing other writers swear by. Being an organic writer, I've decided, only goes so far for me, so I'm trying for a more disciplined approach before Nano hits; and it's not that far away, either.

It's time to wrestle manuscripts into order and beat characters into submission. That's my new focus for the next year(!).

And just because I can, here are some Engrish (yes, engrish) signs sent to me by my funny as hell sister. Politically incorrect, too.



2 comments:

Marina said...

Deep fried and look like squirrel??? The mind boggles.

Good luck with getting organised for NaNo. I might try a bit more pre-planning myself this year. It was a bit stressful trying to figure out what the hell the book was about while still keeping up with the daily wordcount.

Jaye Patrick said...

Uh huh, and maybe that's a euphemism for.... cat?

I have no ideas for Nano; zip, nada, zero, zilch.

The muse usually hits me with the idea lightning, oh, about the day before Nano starts - the bitch - and then laughs at me. A lot.