Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Books to grab

Mmmm.... boooksss!

I've been rummaging around my TBR pile. Then, today the Nexus catalogue turned up from the Galaxy Bookstore.

Being in a rural area, this is a good thing; the local bookstores in town only shelve best sellers/authors, but will order something for you if you're willing to wait up to six weeks. I think 'to hell with that', even the U.S.-based Amazon.com can get books to me faster than that. Much as I'd like to support local businesses, if you cain't git it to me within five werkin' days, tough.

So, there they were: two books I've been hanging out for. Rachel Caine's Gale Force, a Weather Warden book, and our favourite S. L. Viehl's Omega Games, a Stardoc novel. Woo hoo, with a capital WOO!

Both books should be here Friday, or Monday at the latest. I'm glad the sales clerk didn't see me do my happy dance, he would have been embarrassed.

Next week, Eoin Colfer's Artemis Fowl and the Time Paradox comes out.

Sigh. So much for good writing intentions...

No comments: