Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Agents and... stuff

Writer's Digest has an interesting article on 10 Tips for Querying an Agent.

I figure the tips also work for international peeps. It's all just good manners, co-operation and common sense - which sometimes, doesn't seem so common.

There there's the article on 28 Agents Who Want Your Work. Kudos for them putting themselves at risk of being dumped on from a great height with thousands of queries.

Maybe the tide is turning and the publishing industry has finally wised up that if they don't make time for new authors, they'll end up not having any at all.

* * *

I mentioned in a reply to a comment that I didn't have an idea for Nano. The Muse - in her infinite wisdom (ha! Suck up that I am!) - then proceeded to deliver an interesting image; one where good equals bad and vice versa.

I've been trying to nut out the specifics. The image won't leave, I suspect, until I have worked it out. But brick walls are so uncomfortable to bash your head against.

The details are slowly seeping into my thick skull, though. Maybe there is something to this careful plotting thing... I'm waiting for the elegant twist at the end, though.

2 comments:

Pandababy said...

"an interesting image; one where good equals bad and vice versa."

Oh yeah! I've read novels where I'm convinced of the good actions of one MC and the bad actions of another - and then, wham! the fog lifts and reveals the truth, that they are the opposite of what I thought. I love it when an author does that (even though I end up feeling like a sucker for falling for it).

Jaye Patrick said...

I feel like a sucker too, but if they're well written, the clues are there to be found.