Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Running

PBW has begun a series of 'how to' for those Left Behind and Loving It.

Interestingly, for me, today's blog is on editing - and I've just finished a five hundred page edit on one of my wips.

Fortunately, Lynn recommends leaving the thing alone for a couple of days after the edit, which I will comply with. But I'll also start on another one using the plan listed.

The problem with editing is that it takes time and is nowhere near as much fun as the writing. It takes practice to get it right and it takes practice to stop worrying about a particular scene, character or chapter. I'd like to know if any other writers tie themselves in knots about it and how to let go...

Other things in the blog is a list of those authors joining in with their own post to help those of us who find something lacking in our own writing. I'm off to check a few of them out.

No comments: