Monday, July 21, 2008

LB&LI

I'm busily studying my editing books - it's like writing, I think, the more you do, the more you become familiar with the what-to-do's and the what-not-to-do's; and the grammar stuff and structure and stuff.

I have a professional qualification in proofreading and editing, and yet I find myself delving back into the texts - it's probably something to do with I'm okay with other people's work, but lack confidence trying to edit my own. Huh. Gonna have to build that bridge and move over it.

Anyway, Paperback Writer has the schedule up for her Left Behind and Loving It workshops starting next week. I'm pretty sure I'll garner some nuggety ideas on how to move around this particular roadblock.

In the meantime, back to it...

2 comments:

Bri said...

Best of luck on the editing. I know it can definitely be more difficult when its your own work. I'm also looking forward to PBW's workshops - mainly the worldbuilding and plot workshops. Again - good luck!

Jaye Patrick said...

Four days for four chapters. Not so good. I'm sure PBW has some free clues for me...