Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Mooch

Returned from Canberra yesterday and don't feel like doing much of anything other than mooching. It's a three-hour drive and while that doesn't seem much, out on the highway in a strong wind takes concentration.

Yeah, I've done loads of laundry, shopped for essentials, oh, and picked up my brand-spanking-new espresso machine. Yay! The 'old' one - old in that I bought it in January - curled up it's toes a couple of weeks ago. I took it in to be fixed, but sadly... heh, heh, the whole machine had to be replaced; all under warranty.

As for any writing, no pen touched paper, and I did take a notebook with me. Children are just so attention focusing and exhausting. A triumph of a trip, though. The sister and her hubby had a fabulous time touring the vineyards around Adelaide and I picked up some new books for the tbr pile. And was gifted with some rather nice Cabernet Merlot for the baby-sit job. Mmmm... Merlot...

My focus, for the moment, is getting a new passport for the trip to Europe next May. Tomorrow, I gotta get a happy snap. I suspect that, like a driver's licence, whomever takes the shot will be using the ugly camera. I have never seen an attractive licence or passport photo. What's up with that?

It feels like I've been away for months rather than five days and I've a lot to catch up on, including the NaNo outline/notes. I'll save it for the weekend when I'm not so brain dead. At this stage, the plan is to enlarge on a short story I wrote for the May marathon. If I re-write and expand on the story, I figure I can include the work in the word count.

For now, I'm going to mooch in front of Stargate SG-1.

No comments: