Saturday, March 10, 2007

Sharing

I thought I’d do some of that ‘sharing’ thing that bloggers do on occasion. This has come from Tamara Siler Jones’s site. I’ve adjusted some of the questions, though. You can play too, if you like.

1. Height? 5’41/2” Can’t forget that half inch.

2. Have you ever smoked heroin? No. I’ve seen what smoking too much pot does to a long time user and it is ugly.

3. Do you own a gun? No. Ordinary folk aren’t allowed to own guns here, though I did train in pistol shooting at a club. I have to say I enjoyed it. The concentration and focus required to hit the bullseye was a stress-reliever for me during a tense time.

4. Who would you let eat crackers in your bed? No-one. Beds are not kitchen tables, thanks.

5. Do you get nervous before doctor appointments? Always. Dentists, too.

6. What do you think of hot dogs? Love ‘em. Yes, I know what goes into them, but I really like them.

7. What’s your favorite Christmas song? Sigh… how embarrassing. Last Christmas by Wham. There. My secret is out.

8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning? Coffee, made by me from my new espresso machine.

9. Can you do push ups? Yes, but why would I? I can see the ground perfectly well standing up.

10. Is your bathroom clean? Yes.

11. What’s your favourite piece of jewellery? My Sterling silver Dragon’s Head pendant.

12. Do you like painkillers? No. I’m rarely in a situation where I have to take them and only when necessary.

13. What is your secret weapon to lure in the opposite sex? If I knew that, I wouldn’t be single! Obviously my sparkling intellect isn’t working.

14. Do you have A.D.D.? No, oh, hey aren’t those colours pretty?

15. What is your favourite season? Winter. I write more and better during the colder months. It's invigorating.

16. The last person you spoke to on the telephone? My twin sister; she and her family are visiting next weekend.

17. Name 3 thoughts at this exact moment? Why am I doing this? I need to hear that song again. Better close the window, it’s getting chilly.

18. Name the last 3 things you bought: Chicken Maryland for next weekend when the visitors arrive, Dutch Smoked Cheese, a Grindenstein which is a container for my coffee grounds – they then go on the compost heap.

19. Who is your favourite visual artist? Canaletto. I just love the detailed works.

20. Ever been out of the country? Yes: Fiji, Thailand, Denmark, Germany, France, Italy, Belgium, Holland, England, Scotland, Wales, Ireland, Northern Ireland, United States, Canada, Switzerland, Singapore, Spain.

21. You’ve won a major award and have thanked your family, who else would you thank? The authors who helped me, the publishing company for taking a chance and my agent.

22. Current worry? Getting writing work done.

23. Current hate? That asshat with the dirt bike without a muffler roaring up and down the street.

24. Favourite place to be? Curled up on the couch with a good book, or walking the beach in winter.

25. How did you bring in the New Year? Fast asleep. I’m over the partying stage.

26. Where would you like to go? Everywhere, but back to England and Ireland first, then the American east coast for Leafpeeper season, New Zealand.

27. Do you own slippers? Yep. Sheepskin floppies.

28. What shirt are you wearing? A long-sleeved T-shirt in dark blue.

29. Do you burn or tan? Tan, but I’m over the sun thing, too. I neither want nor need wrinkles or melanomas.

30. Favourite colour(s)? Aquamarine and peacock blue.

31. Would you be a pirate? Nah. Too much hard work.

32. Are you gay? No. though I've been known to laugh at a good joke.

33. What songs do you sing in the shower? I don’t sing in the shower, I plot.

34. What did you fear was going to get you at night as a child? The big bad wolf or the Coachman that haunted our house.

35. What’s in your pockets right now? Lint. Lots of lint; someone left a tissue in a pocket and it went through the washing machine. Gaah!

36. Where are you? At home.

37. Best bed sheets as a child? I don’t remember; they were sheets. Not up there on the grand scale of things to remember.

38. Worst injury you’ve ever had? The facial injuries from a car accident. Blood everywhere, stitches in my forehead and looking like I’d gone a couple of rounds with Mike Tyson.

39. You’re on a trip around the world and have to select five landmarks to visit, what would you pick? The Great Wall of China, the Acropolis, the Black Forest in Germany, the Somme, Macchu Picchu.

40. How many TVs do you have in your house? Um…Six. Two don’t work, one is an antique, one is hooked up to the VCR, one in my room and the other in the loungeroom.

41. Who is your loudest friend? Stacey! (Sorry, Stace.)

42. Who is your quietest friend? Hmm… me.

43. Does someone have a crush on you? Not that I know of.

44. Do you wish on shooting stars? Yes.

45. What is your favourite book? On Basilisk Station by David Weber.

46. What is your favourite candy? Mmmm… Turkish Delight…

47. What song do/did you want played at your wedding? Not married.

48. What song do you want played at your funeral? Tubular Bells, by Mike Oldfield.

49. What were you doing at 12AM last night? Medicating the dog for fleas.

50. What was the first thing you thought of when you woke up? Oh, jeez! I’m late! Traffic is going to be hell. Will I get a parking spot? No time for breakfast…

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is great! I love getting insight into someone. By the way, I miss "seeing" you around - stop by again when you get a chance.

Rachel