Friday, February 09, 2007

Werkin'

Okay, people, back to work, there's nothing to see; c'mon now, move along, you can't spend your time blog-serfin' when there are a myriad of stories out there a'waitin' your fine craftsmanship!

Yes, freedom is mine, but only until I sit in front of my fabulous workstation (and maybe I should take a pickie of it) and get down to it. Certain people in my sphere expect me to become a couch potato for a while - and it's an alluring prospect - but nothing gets done.

I'm going to keep to my weekend schedule and add almost full work days as well. Of course, I'll take the time outs - next week is the dentist, car registration and heading off to Canberra for three days; not much work is gonna be done during that time - but writing is a job too. It deserves as much focus as any other job.

It's the only way to form some sort of career out it.

I'm also due to post a story next week; I have to decide which one and work on it. In my February schedule are also posting excerpts of the books I've already written. I'll be working on those until I have excerpts posted of all of them.

My plan is to post the first three chapters of each - Note to self: gotta put more of Masquerade in. I'm going to try and make covers for them, too.

Once that's done and they've been read, YOU get to choose which one you'd like to read in toto as a freebie book.

I suppose that brings up the sticky issue of self-publishing, but I think this is more of showcase, rather than vanity press (I'm not paying for the privilege of publishing, after all).

That's my plan for the next month. The Future? She is a mystery!

No comments: