Monday, February 19, 2007

Home

I'm back from my sojourn and it feels like I've been away longer than three days.

That's probably due to how busy I was catching up with family and partying. And before that smug smile appears, no, I did not drink that much, because I was driving. Wanted to; didn't.

It was interesting to see the cousins who had travelled from interstate to be at Uncle's birthday party. I hadn't seen P for more years than I care to mention, and A-M is always fun. There were invites all round to visit, which, when the weather cools down, I shall duly indulge in.

I also managed to glean some information to research for the family tree (lies, I tell you, it's all lies!) but the rumours are more to track down - a Welsh connection.

The car has an extra 750km added to the clock and I've got some photos to sort out. All up, it was an exhausting, exhilirating weekend, but now that's done. It's time to get back on schedule and do some work.

Tomorrow - now that I've mowed the lawn, sorted through the dozens of e-mail messages, unpacked, washed, stared longingly at the books I bought - I'll be posting a story.

For now, I'm putting my aching feet up and mooching infront of the cable. Ahh, it's good to be home.

4 comments:

Pandababy said...

Welcome back, Jaye - I missed you. A Welch connection, eh?

I found some in my family tree a few years ago, much to my surprise and delight, 'cousin'.

Pandababy

Anonymous said...

Welcome back! Sounds like you had a great time. Hmm, Welch connections? That sounds interesting.

Jason

Jaye Patrick said...

Rumour has it the great uncle was a deserter who went to Wales, but I haven't found that to be true (the deserter part).

Then there was the great uncle who was rumoured to be a part of Sinn Fein and hung. Again, no confirmation of that.

In fact, there doesn't seem to be any skeletons in the family closet, damn it!

Pandababy said...

No skeletons? such a pity. I couldn't find any in my family closet either -- so I decided to be one for future generations :)