Saturday, December 23, 2006

Season's Greetings

I'm a leedle hung over from the festivities, and I've only just begun... sigh.

Still, it's worth it. For the next couple of days there's going to be drinking and merriment. Of course, there are also going to be two Pagans and two Christians in the house. The best way to avoid conflict, is not to mention this. That's not to say either side - and there are sides (anyone who doesn't think so, doesn't know history) - is apt to compromise on their beliefs and nor should they.

It's simply a matter of shifting the Yule celebration to Sunday night, with blessings on the Solstice and a prayer on the Monday. And remembering that: no matter what your beliefs, this is a time for reflection, for patience and for tolerance. It is not a time to be disappointed, depressed, pissed off or any other negative feeling. Be grateful for the gift, be thankful you live in a wonderful, beautiful world and that things will improve - the world is a better place for your being in it, be patient with those who seek to provoke you and above all, find the place within that gives you peace.

What doesn't change is the trashing of the prezzos! And I'm lookin' forward to it. I'm not one of those 'adults' who know exactly what they're getting. Oh, no, I like surprises and I love fondling gifts. I make no excuse for it; that's just me staying in touch with my inner child.

Oh, yes, I'm cooking too; new recipes. Dangerous, yes, but success or... less than perfect, it's my treat to myself. I have the time, the inclination and the need to do something special for those I love without question. What could be better?

(Okay, a masseur called Sven, a couple of buff cabana boys and cool weather, but I'll survive without them - someone else's need is greater than mine.)

To all, I wish you the best of the Festive Season, no matter what your belief system.

Oh, and just to irritate you: Thanks!

No comments: