Thursday, June 03, 2010

Waiting, waiting, waiting....

Whoo-hoo! Lynn Viehl has a freebie on Scribd! Rain Lashed is a novella of the Kyndred.

And I'm really happy about that. I needed something to read. I went into the local town to hunt down Dreamveil, or Magic Burns, or even City of Souls... nup. No sign of any of them, although there were plenty of LKH's crappyness.

I swear, sometimes living in the countryside sucks when it comes to new releases and I'm not the most patient of readers. I want to support local businesses, but if they won't stock my choices, I gnash my teeth and have to go elsewhere.

My Canberra visit is still two weeks away (and squealy fangirl moments at the enormous Borders and Dymocks stores) but I'll wait and then buy the books I want. Yes, I could order online, but that path leads to overspending and I so don't want that. sigh... I need to get back to editing my own books - and try not to get bent out of shape over the lack of reading choices.

No comments: