Sunday, June 20, 2010

Hunting and gathering

So, I feel like I've been on a weekend hunting binge. From book store to book store, wheeling the aged parent around searching for the tbr-in-waiting pile.

I found nearly everything: Ilona Andrews, Rachel Caine, Anne Perry, Mercedes Lackey... but it took until the last shop I visited to discover the truth: DREAMVEIL WON'T BE PUBLISHED IN AUSTRALIA UNTIL AUGUST!!!

I can't tell you how pissed I was finding that out. And, I have to say, I am over shops telling me to check out 'the online facilities' to purchase other items I might find of interest. GAH!!!

Not. Happy. So not happy, that I'm over book stores. I'd like to help out the industry, keep people employed, but if they won't provide adequate service to the book buying public, then there is no point. And no, the Twilight books are NOT an acceptable alternative!! No, paranormal romances are not all the same... pushed a button there...

I have most of what I need. I shall purchase Dreamveil from the Galaxy Bookshop. I know they have it; one phone call and a couple of days later it's mine. No stuffing about, no false regrets or fake smiles.

Now, I shall read...

4 comments:

Marina said...

Gah! They offered you Twilight in place of Lynn Viehl??? Clueless!

Have you read the Sookie Stackhouse novels by Charlene Harris? I've just devoured most of the series. They go down so easy -- just like chocolate!

Jaye Patrick said...

Gobsmacked at their reply is an understatement. I should be thankful they didn't offer that other train wreck of an author.

Yes, I've read the first one; not overly impressed. Maybe I'll try again.

the author said...

I have nothing but admiration for Stephenie Meyer's success, but no, I don't think Twilight and any of my books are interchangeable.

Whatever the case, I do think I can get a signed copy of Dreamveil to you before August -- if you'd like that, e-mail me as to what address I should send it to, and I'll put it in the mail tomorrow.

See? Problem solved. ;)

Jaye Patrick said...

Trying not to be a squeallie fan-girl here.

Thanks, Lynn, I'll send an e-mail.