Monday, April 27, 2009

Not the End

...and I said, "What? What?"

When I opened this last book for editing, I thought 286 pages a nice length for a novel and proceeded to hunker down and... well, edit.

But... (insert ominous music) at the bottom of page 286, the story ended at the cliffhanger finish of the scene! Egad! The book is... unfinished. I have no idea what I was thinking. Not for the next scene, but in not finishing the manuscript.

I'm still kicking titles around, too, for the trilogy itself. I should pout... but I need to complete this book before the Story-a-Day marathon begins later on this week, and so have no time to sulk... damn it.

I'm not sure how long the piece will be, but I've given myself another, hmmm, forty pages to wrap everything up. Death and destruction, emotional anguish, a triumphal return, the solution to a misunderstanding and a happily evah after. All I have to do is write it. Ten thousand words or so in three days? Oh... two, since the outside world will intrude on Wednesday.

Yeah, go ahead, chastise me for ellipse abuse, but ellipses are useful... don't you think?

Now... to work.

No comments: