Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Judge and jury...

It's been a stressful week, and it's not over yet. I'm not talking about it either. So there. Nyah.

This afternoon, I have the dubious honour of judging a local photography exhibition on local photographers favourite holiday snaps. I know what I like, but I'm not sure that should be the only criteria for making a decision and it's been a long, long time since I did a visual arts unit at University.

I suppose I should look at the subject - whether it's framed or not - the colours, or not, contrast, shading, emotional response, the artistry, any blurring (deliberate or not), whether I recognise the place of the photo and other stuff, in conjunction with meaningful discussions with my fellow judges.

I'm totally impartial in this. I don't know the photographers, but I have travelled. Maybe I won't be so impartial if someone's been where I have...

Anyway, I'm hoping it will cheer me up.

There's also a new story over on The Takeaway.

No comments: