Sunday, September 09, 2007

Wrecked

And it's only the beginning of the Rugby World Cup. But... Mo-om I had to stay up late an' watch the Wallabies play Japan... I had to!

Yep. Saw the All Blacks (Lew... oops, New Zealand; damn those Muppets) spank Italy, 76-14 and then Ozralya put Japan through the blender, 91-3 (yes, that's ninety-one to three); after that, well, England, I have to say, played pretty poorly for their 28-10 win over the USA. To me, that was a win for the Eagles. England, after all, are supposed to be the defending World champions. Didn't look like it to me, no matter how scratchy my eyes felt.

Well, the games didn't finish until the wee small hours; tonight's no different with four matches. The last finishes at, oh-my-god-that's-early, 6.00am. Fortunately, from then, Fox Sports are repeating the games.

My quandary? South Africa versus Samoa at 9.00am and the New York Giants versus my Dallas Cowboys at 10.00am. What's a fan to do? Yeah, yeah, record one or t'other, except I don't have a recording device. Flicking over during commercials sounds good, as does flicking over between the NFL quarters and team changeover.

Sigh. I'm guessing I'm not going to get a lot of sleep while the World Cup is on; but... who needs it? I'll sleep when it's over. Bwahaha! I love my football!

No comments: