Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Foo'ball!

Ah, can't you just smell the linement?

Here in Australia, the Aussie Rules and Rugby League seasons are heading into finals time. I'm not that much interested since my teams, Richmond in the Rules, finished stone-motherless last and St George, in the League, finished a little further up the table. Either way, they ain't participating in the finals.

There's also the Premier League soccer in England, though I don't think I want to talk about that since Man U are having a less than stellar start.

The Rugby Union World Cup starts this weekend, and while I'm hoping for the best, I doubt the Wallabies will do very well given their idiot, blind and lazy head coach.

On the plus side, the American Football also starts next week. Yay! I'm looking forward to a cracker of season from my boys... the Cowboys that is. Go Dallas!

I love the uniforms, all those tight buns and muscled legs on display. Well, hey, I'm not dead yet, and I like a perv as much as the next woman, thanks.

In the meantime, I've been watching the pre-season games and the College football. As a pre-cursor to the season, it didn't give me much, but the College games were impressive, especially the size of the crowds.

While in the US a few years ago, I tried to get to an NFL game, only to be told that they were sold out...sigh. It was probably a good thing: every city I went to, the home team lost!

One day, when I grow up, I wanna see a live game.

No comments: