Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Time vacuum

The problem with being so busy is that I've not time to do any reading... and three more books turned up in the mail this week.

No time for reading also means no time for writing, either. Well... no fiction writing. Political stuff, yeah, but none for the sheer pleasure of putting words down from my imagination.

Next week, I'm hoping that will change. This submission I'm doing must be done by next week and I'm determined to meet that deadline - good practice, d'ya see.

On the downside, it's all a bit complicated with legislations, planning policies, LEPs, REPs and SEPPs, Council briefing papers, staff briefing papers, development applications, community consultation submissions... well, you get the picha. Gathering all the information into one document is, to be frank, daunting.

Ah, but next week... next week this will be done and I can relax and watch the footy, or read or write or, damnit, all three! (I'm such a crazy, wild person!)

It's all a matter of time management and in the future, I'll not be volunteering to do anything more than the media stuff. Someone else more familiar with the information stuff can do it; or our objective will be achieved. No sense in nagging the Ministers.

Rachel Morgan, Joanne Baldwin and Alicia DeVries will just have to wait a few days, I guess...

2 comments:

Bri said...

Wow - that's a lot of acronyms. I always think of alphabet soup when I see them. I hope you do manage to find time to write!

Jaye Patrick said...

I'm werkin' on it!