Monday, April 30, 2007

Tired and emotional

It has a nice ring to it, don't you think? 'Tired and emotional'. Beats the hell out of saying you're really, really hungover. (No sympathy for hangovers, it's your own fault, no matter how much you suffer for it.)

My sister came around on Saturday night and we watched the Canberra Brumbies take on the Canterbury Crusaders in Rugby Union. Just like boys around a keg, we had a rather nice De Bortoli Cabernet Merlot... too much of it, apparently.

So Sunday dawned painfully bright and too damned early. The dogs needed to go out and I'm not one to refuse an increasingly urgent request like that.

Gak! I still felt three sheets to the wind, even though it wasn't a late night. Teeth cleaning didn't help, but the Coke I had did, although I made a note to myself: FYI, do not drink Coke immediately after cleaning teeth - it tastes awful.

I spent the rest of the day away from the computer and mooching about feeling sorry for myself. Paracetemol helped, and a nana nap would have been even better, but there was World Cup cricket to watch, then a couple of movies on cable and before you know it, the day's virtually gone.

I'm back at it today and discovered a major plot flaw. If I'd worked on it yesterday, I'd have missed it - being fuzzy-headed an' all - but I think I have a solution that adds to the tension.

I'd like to say "never again", but that would be a lie, so I'll say, "not for a long time" instead.

Good news is the Brumbies won, bad news... ah, it may not be enough to get them into the finals. I'll still watch, though I'll be a little more circumspect in how many beverages I consume!

No comments: