Friday, April 20, 2007

3D CGI

I've been slacking off the past two days. But I'm not hanging my head in shame.

I finally got to see Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex from beginning to end. Yep, I've been glued to the couch watching one DVD after another.

What a series! Even the opening sequence is special; just like Final Fantasy, Final Fantasy VII and my personal favourite, Appleseed. 3D computer animation is, I think, the way of the future for Manga. It will be a while before we see more series in 3D CGI - perfection takes a hell of a lot of time to create.

But I'm looking forward to more of it.

Yes, there's Shrek, The Incredibles, Monster House and Meet the Robinsons but there's more depth to the talents of anime artists. They're not obvious and require you to think, where with the Disneyesque types, it's all laid out for the viewer and very little thought required. There isn't the ubiquitous happy ending, either though the endings are just what they're supposed to be.

Damn, but I love Anime!

No comments: