Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Apologies and stuff

I must apologise for yesterday's post. At the time, I had no idea that 22 people had been killed in the Solomon Islands and it was facetious of me to downplay such a tragedy. Rescue efforts are underway and the death toll is sure to rise.

* * *

I'm busily writing up a job application. My current employment will end on Thursday and I have no doubt I won't be called back; not because of any performance indiscretions, but simply because I'm no longer needed.

I had thought to delay the application, but three things happened to change my mind. Enter now, the Twilight Zone:

The first dream was of beautiful alien ships, similar to those in Stargate - the shuttles, yet in a cream colour - flying through a hazy sky overhead. I duly checked my dream dictionary which mentioned a change in career.

The following night, it was the invasion of a gang after something behind the bullet proof glass. The room was done in blacks and reds. The invaders had guns; I had a hockey stick and proceed to beat the tripe out of one of them. The dictionary again mentioned the career change.

Today, I read the daily horoscope that's sent to me. You guessed it: the end of the line and the beginning of something new because of influences beyond my control.

Sometimes, you have to listen to what the Fates are trying to tell you and go with it; to resist will only cause stress and worry. I'll just wait to see the results.

In the meantime, I'll continue to try and carve out some time for the writing and the editing and the imagining...

2 comments:

Pandababy said...

Your second dream had me laughing out loud - because of the interpretation. Who would have guessed? Maybe I've been misinterpreting my dreams all these years (no dream dictionary here).

Looks like your vacation is just about over for now. Good luck.

Jaye Patrick said...

Isn't it always the way that a perfectly normal dream will have something... odd?