Sunday, November 06, 2005

Motoring

The book is humming along, although it's been tough. Like I've said, this is outside of my usual genre so I was writing in fits and starts.

At the beginning of the middle, things began to flow. So much so, that I had to write a scene that didn't come into it until about four scenes. But I had to get it down. It was so totally evil.

That, in truth, is what I like about NaNo, there is no set format as long as you get to the 50k mark. After six days, I've hit 34k and it's going more smoothly.

I've never been comfortable with starts, it always seems to stilted. Of course, I can go back and edit later.

For now, I need some sustenance before heading into the afternoon's session. No more fooling around online, checking sites out and generally goofing off.

Those words won't write themselves.

1 comment:

Douglas Hoffman said...

34K in 6 days? Okay, I'm impressed! I don't think I've ever written more than 3K in one day.

BTW, you didn't give me your username ;o)