Wednesday, November 30, 2005

I'm done...

...for. No, not really. Nano is over for me and I can only breathe a sigh of relief. One hundred and eighty thousand, one hundred and seventy five words. One and three-quarter books. Thirty days of writing with a full time job tossed in just to make things interesting.

Ker..iste! What was I thinking? The smug has leaked out of me and all I feel is tired. That will pass by tomorrow, I suspect, because the second book aint done yet.

I'd do more tonight, but hell, I'm typing with dyslexic fingers. It would be too ugly, and too much to delete. So I'm done. Calling it quits. I have my book done, the second one is a bonus. An interesting read so far, but unfinished. A couple of days rest, and I'll come back and finish it.

I'd like to thank the music of Mike Oldfield, Pat Benatar and Laura Branigan for getting me through the last week of writing. Without their emotional impact, I doubt I would have accomplished so much in such a short time.

So. I'm off to stare blankly at the television screen. Tomorrow, I shall read, or watch a dvd or two, shop, do the house work, or none or all of the above. Whatever I do, it shall be away from the book - although I have sneaking suspicion the characters won't let me.

Ah, well, such is the life of a writer.

3 comments:

cyser said...

Your writing work ethic is admirable. You demonstrate the difference between those who write and those who are "writers."

Keep it up, but don't blow a fuse.

Cheers

Gabriele Campbell said...

You Nano people are crazy. :-)

Congrats.

Jaye Patrick said...

Thank you cyser, it's one of the toughest careers in the world; and Gabriele, I think that's why we do it... because we are crazy.