Sunday, August 02, 2009

Patience

So the fix-it-now-I-needs-it computer man says the video card is on the fritz because of corrosion. I'm guessing it has something to do with living by the sea; or maybe the mouse that died in there last year. Humidity can be hell on computers.

Unfortunately, my beloved machine won't be ready until Wednesday. I tell you, fate - when she gets fed up with you - will either gee you along with a slap-in-the-face opportunity, or put roadblocks in your way, suggesting it's not time to move on.

If I lived in a city, the computer would probably be fixed in a couple of days; but I don't, so it won't be.

In the meantime, I'm downloading stuff onto the laptop so I can get on with it! And gaining access to cyber-world took the most time. (Yeah, yeah, if I'd actually read the instruction manual it wouldn't have taken so long.) And other stuff I have on the desktop but not the laptop.

Anyway... something to amuse you from Jill Shalvis' site:

No comments: