Monday, March 31, 2008

Shaking the tree

I've been trying to hunt down more ancestors before I take off; nothing has changed except my frustration levels.

My search has reached beyond the atypical databases, that is 1800 and earlier. Yeah, I know, if my ancestors knew I would be hunting them down, they'd be more attentive in their record keeping. And the powers-that-be would have everything I need accessible and free of charge on online.

But that's okay, I'll hunt them down the old fashioned way: going there and looking up the records.

I have two more sessions at the local family history centre for a final search of online records. Then I'm set. Hopefully, something will shake loose and I'll find the key to the rest of 'em. I think Ireland is the clue; shame I have to go there, really...

The camera and rechargeable batteries are ready, so I'll have some photos of antiquities to post - maybe while I'm touring and maybe when I return. I'm also hunting up some books. It will take two days to get to Denmark, and thirty-six hours to get back - without an overnight stay anywhere. I'm gonna need a few books to keep me occupied and my record with in-flight movies sucks like a drain. Jennifer Fallon and Kylie Chan are at the top of my list.

sigh It's the little things you've got to watch out for.

No comments: