Thursday, June 08, 2006

Conflux

Off to Conflux 3 bright and early tomorrow morning for four days of panels, shows, speeches and general sci-fi/fantasy stuff. Oh, and the Medieval Feast on Saturday night. Woohoo!

I'll be listening on the interviews with Sir Arthur C. Clarke and Ray Bradbury; attending panels with Tor editor, Ellen Datlow, listening in on Publishing Myths, Dark Fantasy, Villains and Heroes, Worldbuilding, Choosing Monsters, Blogging and the Spec Fic writer, the State of Sci-Fi and Horror fiction, Sci-Fi Women, Movie Tie in work, Publishing 101, the Best in Anime, Anime in Feminism and lots of other stuff, including a mass signing by various authors.

Entertainment at the Feast is going to be the Sydney Stage Combat School. Of course, then there's a party at the pub.

I figure that by the end of this long weekend I'm going to be toasted, roasted and exhausted.

I am hoping to be able to post while I'm there, but I'm not holding my breath, so I'll just make notes and post next week.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The State of Sci Fi . . . that ought to be worth the price of admission right there. Will the panelists' statement be anything but self-affirming, I wonder?

Have fun!

Jaye Patrick said...

I didn't actually get to this one, there was something else on...