Monday, May 10, 2010

Iron Man

I’ve been writing, reading and watching Sci-fi recently, so it wasn’t much of a surprise to view Iron Man 2 (finally!) from a different perspective.

For example, I couldn’t help wonder if the suit had inertial compensators, and if so, where was it; whether it had any anti-gravity elements, what kind of servos, sensor suites, power units, armoury... and so on. I was thinking similar thoughts when Tony Stark developed his cure... and thought it a little too easy.

But the pyrotechnics were fabulous, all that flying and zipping around avoiding the droids and explosions and more zipping and ka-blamos and I do love a good bang; does that make me shallow? I am easily entertained...

Mickey Rourke was an absolute stand out. He didn't need too many words, his expression and actions said it better - gosh, he's good.

Gwennie was suitably overwhelmed by her new position and Robert Downey, jun., seemed to look tired and slightly out of sorts, until he found his cure and went off like a manic genius.

So. I'm glad I saw it - it's one movie that's an absolute must for the big screen. But only for all the speckie special effects.

Now back to the short story marathon - until Shrek 4 comes out...

No comments: