Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Ooo, shiney...

...new printer! Oh, the joy. It has double-sided printing (squee....). No more manual duplex of reorganising hundreds of pages and feeding them through the printer again. No more white lines through the text, or scratches. No more awkward paper jams and ink malfunctions that are indicative of a failing system. It does everything the previous printer did and more - though I think I'll have to read the instruction manual to find out what and I'm not interested enough... yet.

Really, I bought it for the double-sided thing. And price; it's not the latest model, but does what I need. The only downside is that it is about a centimetre too wide for the alcove I have.

I am now merrily printing stuff out as if the ink tanks are never going to run dry. But what the hell: it's a new toy and I'm playing with it until it becomes essential equipment.

I also have some new image software to play with, which I freely confess takes up time - but I have to explore it's functions to use it properly. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it. I'll have to search for some re-pixilating software that does what I meant, not what I told it to. I wonder if such a program exists?

No comments: