Thursday, April 29, 2010

I'm werkin' here!

I'm up against two deadlines... okay, I've decided to let one slide since it was a pre-deadline deadline - and the webpage could go live as it is.

The book, however, was promised at the end of April and it nearly is; the end of April, that is.

Both have similarities. The webpage is down to the final editing of text and selection of appropriate photographs to go with, and I've got to check the links; the book is fifty pages short of the end and I keep going back to add description or more information or globally changing name spelling. Little stuff, irritating stuff, essential stuff.

I really need to get both finished. Twelfth Planet Press are calling for submissions for an anthology to be released next year and it just happens to co-incide with Forward Motion's yearly story-a-day marathon that starts on 1 May. My first story - or maybe the second - will be for the anthology. The theme is urban fantasy in the Roaring Twenties. Elliot Ness: Vampire Hunter anyone? Kidding.

So, I'm flat out like a lizard drinking. Yeah, okay, I'm on the 'net. I'll get off now and get back to it.

No comments: