Sunday, July 19, 2009

Suck it up, Princess

Nearly half way and I see a couple of re-writes coming up.

sigh

Still, that's what getting a stranger to do the edits is all about: no family to say it's wunnerful, just point-blank changes and suggestions - all for the betterment of the work. It's still tough seeing all the red ink, but the phrase 'hoist on your own petard' springs to mind.

I've had the 'oh, to hell with it, what do they know' moments, when I'm trying to find an alternative that works, a different word or approach. It was so much easier writing it than going through edits. This is definitely a 'suck it up, Princess' moment. Fortunately, I'm over rejecting edits because my way is better. Jeez, I was arrogant when I started this gig. I remember all too clearly. Nice to know I've moved on and the suggestions have a lot of merit.

I won't be doing a total re-write, just a scene here and there. I can see the end result will be much better than it is now.

At least the middle doesn't sag... and the ambition to post it to Scribd by the end of the month is still viable.

Back to it... I suppose... in for a penny, in for a pound as the pithy aphorism goes.

No comments: