Sunday, July 26, 2009

Cakes Ahoy!

Gah... I think I'm all caked out. I know, I know. Is there such a thing as having too much cake?

Well, after two days of it - for morning and afternoon tea - yeah, I think so.

The overseas clan returned from Sydney to camp out here until Thursday when they fly back to Denmark. Over the weekend, S. and the boys came down and there was more cake: honey roll, honey-cream-and-custard cake, blueberry, apple and walnut. More sugar and calorie soaked fare than you can shake a whippy stick at.

And I will confess right now, right here, that I loved every sticky, sugar and cream rich piece. As a failure to reign in the rampant polite-company-must-have-snacks-accessible-at-all-times part of my upbringing, I have now made three banana cakes. Fortunately, they can be frozen, but I doubt any will make it into the freezer.

Sigh and not a chocolate confection in sight.

Still, Tuesday is my Godson/nephew's birthday. Does he want a chocolate cake? No. He's gotta have a big, fat-screaming, cholesterol-creamy, hip-wideningly luscious, roll-me-in-the-mud-and-call-me-a-pig, blueberry cheesecake.

Then there's this 'sharing' business. What's up with that?

Ah, well. I guess I'll have to man up and help him out in the eating, be more responsible in my eating habits... next week. I may even get some editing or writing done, but I don't count on it.

No comments: