Wednesday, July 22, 2009

More shinies

The Del-Rey Internet newsletter dropped in my e-mail this morning, so now I know what new releases are coming up.

But those books aren't what caught my eye. The free books did. The newsletter has a link to the suvudu free library. It's a year old and I'm wondering how I missed it.

Here's the blurb:

We know it can be hard to navigate the countless fantasy and science fiction series out there and figure out which ones are right for you. Well, we're here to make those tough decisions a bit easier on you. With the Suvudu Free Book Library, you can read the first book in some of our most acclaimed series absolutely free! We're kicking off the library with five full-length novels for you to sample, but we'll be adding new titles on a regular basis, so be sure to sign up for our newsletter so you're the first to find out what our newest free offerings are!

You can read Karen Marie Moning's Darkfever, Steven Baxter's Manifold: Time, Terry Brooks' Magic Kingdom for sale: sold, Michael Moorcock's Elric: The Stealer of Souls, Naomi Novik's His Majesty's Dragon, Kim Stanley Robinson's Red Mars... among others.

The best thing is that you can download for Kindle, Sony Reader and from Scribd.

I, for one, will be downloading a number of the free titles to have a look; others are on my bookshelf already.

No comments: