Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Wishes

Just goes to prove: "Be careful what you wish for."

I could wax lyrical about the selfish, ego-centric and childish behaviour of both sides of the American House of Representatives - after all, when America sneezes, the rest of the world catches a cold - but I'm restraining myself because I'm still gobsmacked at the on-going reprehensible attitudes and my temper has yet to subside.

So... the first sentence still holds true. There I was storing more stuff under the stairs. The box, square, the angle difficult, but with a little effort, I wriggled it in; and bashed my ring-finger in the process. I figured, "well, ow. That'll bruise." Then I had a look at the damage. Can you say... blud? Lots an' lots of warm blood.

Off to the bathroom and under a tap. It didn't hurt. Not even when I pressed down to stop the stream of red stuff to look. Kinda numb really, but I managed to cut a centimetre down my finger and another centimetre at a ninety degree angle, inconveniently, to the base of my finger. How do you wrap that sucker?

The cause? A square piece of glass from a picture frame that I managed to hit exactly on the corner. I haven't cut myself in ages so I guess I was due. And, if it's worth doing, it's worth doing well!

* * *

Anyway. Something to give you a chuckle during these darkity-dark economic times sent to me by a sister o' mine:

All of these are legitimate companies that didn't spend quite enough time considering how their online names might appear and be misread especially all in lower case.

Check them out yourself...


'Who Represents'
is where you can find the name of the agent that represents any celebrity. Their website is:

www.whorepresents.com

'Experts Exchange'
is a knowledge base where programmers can exchange advice and views at:

www.expertsexchange.com


Lookingfor a pen? Look no further than 'Pen Island' at:

www.penisland.net

Need a therapist? Try 'Therapist Finder' at

www.therapistfinder.com

There's the 'Italian Power Generator' company at:

www.powergenitalia.com

And don't forget the 'Mole Station Native Nursery' in New South Wales at:

www.molestationnursery.com

If you're looking for 'IP computer software' there's always

www.ipanywhere.com

And the designers at'Speed of Art' await you at their wacky website

www.speedofart.com

No comments: