Monday, June 30, 2008

Right brain, left brain

I'm feeling slightly schizophrenic. I've been working so long on logical stuff - this database - that the creative side is pouting. It's as if that side is still on holiday - not much daydreaming going on at all, so yeah, definitely pouting.

I've all but crossed off the database on my 'to do' list - with minor variations, it's done. Next - and I'm thankful for the time constraint - is my story-a-day marathon, starting tomorrow. I figure I can write in the morning and then catch up on some reading in the afternoon. I'm so far behind, it will take me another month to catch up, and I still have books on the way - including Lynn Viehl's new one, Twilight Fall. I absolutely cannot miss or delay that one.

I finally feel as if I'm catching up on the stuff I missed while away; and the... alienated feeling is passing too. Must have something to do with getting back into the groove.

This marathon should kick the muse into gear and once I soothe her ruffled feathers, we have other projects to finish (but sshh I don't wanna let her know just yet how much work is involved. She might want to go back to drinking those Margaritas, winking at young men lasciviously, telling rude jokes and generally raising hell...

2 comments:

Jason said...

That marathon sounds like a cool idea. I should really think about doing that later on.

Maybe if you can't get her to talk you could get her drunk. People always have stories to tell when they're drunk, maybe your muse will too?

Jaye Patrick said...

The first story I wrote sucks like a drain, but I'm hopeful they'll improve.

The ideas are slowly returning, so I figure the muse is over the hangover and ready to get down to work.