Thursday, April 13, 2006

Grr....

FYI Netscape peeps: find a way to transfer bookmarks, damn it!

I went to a site and received the message that my Netscape 7.0 browser wasn't going to cut it and to download 8.1, which I duly did, much to my grief.

I have a lot of bookmarks, from weblogs to a variety of encyclopedia and writing/research sites. They did not accompany 8.1. Now I have to go to the sites and bookmark them again. What a pain in the butt!

Lucky for me I kept the old browser open and copied the sites onto a Word document. It's still a pain to sort through them and enter the sites. NOT HAPPY, Netscape.

It's fortunate I loathe and despise Explorer or I'd change. Maybe Firefox or Mozilla is better...

4 comments:

Jpatrick said...

Firefox IS better.

Anonymous said...

I've been very happy with Firefox -- but I don't know if they have the same problem with bookmarks.

Jaye Patrick said...

Jpatrick and Doug, thanks for the comments. I know some people here who are happy with Firefox; I may try it.

Anonymous said...

Firefox is cool but it some times it doent work because it starts sending its information through the wrong place

byebye

Princess_of_holden