Saturday, December 06, 2008

Defrag

After a month - and a bit - of writing, I figured it was time to do some computer maintenance. I usually do it every week or two, but for November I didn't.

And woe... defragmentation took hours, hours I tell you! Once upon a time, I had a computer that had a whopping 25 megabyte hard drive. I could not imagine needing more and the defrag zipped through like a rat on crack.

But with the advancement of technology, hard drives became larger. I now have a 40 gig hard drive and the defrag is more like a rat on Prozac.

Before, I had no excuse not to write; yesterday I did. And what did I do with my new found time? I watched Mamma Mia! Finally. It's a bit of a giggle - who knew Meryl Streep could sing and Pierce Brosnan... not?

The effect was that I felt a desire to put on one of my Abba CDs. Yes, I have a four CD set from years ago, when they were considered daggy.

Now the beast that is my computer should be back to it's natural zippy self.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You gotta try Diskeeper. Its fast, complete and automatic- so you never have top worry about defragging again. It works in the background using idle resources so you can work while its working (I know, you'll have no excuse to watch mamma mia now). They have free trialware at www.diskeeper.com

Jaye Patrick said...

Aww... but it's such a fun movie!!

Okay, going to the site (you're so mean)