Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Not a lot happening today, so I did a Mensa test that's currently doing the rounds on the Internet. Hah! Reached the genius benchmark and beyond. Didn't get all of them, but hey, there is such a thing as being an asshole about Mensa. Apparently, only two of the esteemed group answered all the questions correctly.

What that tells me is that there are probably a lot of 'ordinary' people out there who qualify for the group, but couldn't be bothered. Or worse, fear the same name calling they got at school. Intellectual villification. It's the same as racism, as religious persecution. Just because someone is different is no reason to curl the lip or spit or ignore.

I'm not saying share the lurve, because that's just not possible and is an unreal expectation. I'm saying understand; I'm saying being intrigued by difference, be curious and most of all be respectful.

No comments: