Wednesday, February 27, 2013

What happened to January?

I don't know where the year has gone. It's nearly March and it's been a few weeks since I posted last.

What have I been doing? Why working long hours at a day job and then coming home to care for the aged parent; not much time for anything else (as witnessed by how few books I read last year).

Yes, I had a few Christmas posts, but cutting and pasting takes no time at all. Actually sitting down and composing a post takes much longer. Plus you have to think about what to write. Since taking up this job, I've done nowhere near the writing I normally would, nor have I been reading - I think I can feel my creative intelligence slipping away.

But no; it is, however, changing to creative video editing and podcasting, among other things, for work. I find the work interesting and a challenge. Not the type of challenge I want. How do you choose between two vocations you're not only good at, but happy with? Apparently I'm making a decision without making a decision, although I feel an increasing longing to get back to my books and writing.

It's all a matter of time management - or it would be if I had the time to manage... it's an either/or scenario. So. I'm going to try and read one book and then edit one of my own, without mixing the two. No multitasking (I do enough of that at work covering three jobs: my own, one for a staff member on long term sick leave and one for a staff member who left for another job - Budget constraints? What Budget constraints?)

First up is the TBR pile. It's taken on epic proportions and needs to be cut down to a monstrous size instead. Game of Thrones is first up (and my, isn't it a big book?) followed by edits on the next Huntress book (three more, including this one, and then the series is done).

I have no idea how long it's going to take. Time, why do you hate me so, or worse, ignore my pleas for more of you?

Sigh. I need a holiday...

1 comment:

Marina said...

Indeed, it's almost "what happened to February?". The year is flying past, as usual. Thought you must have been busy -- it's nice to hear from you again!