Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Starstruck

I went out last night to try and view the Comet McNaught.

It's only visible for a few nights, so I braved a cool North-easterly and stood waiting for the event. Others had picked the same spot to try and see this once only event. (Discovered by an Aussie, the comet will never be seen again.)

My photos aren't as good as these - I'm still trying to learn how to use the camera and it came out a little faint - but, the sunset was spectacular.


This is towards the mountains; my normal view is towards the sea, and while the comet is, apparently, visible just before sunrise, there's no way I'm getting up that early for more shots.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's a very cool picture! It's very pretty.

Pandababy said...

I agree with Jason - inspiring photo!

I took a picture of the snow yesterday, but don't have the tech smarts to put it in my blog (yet - working, working...)

Jaye Patrick said...

Thank you. I hope to be able to post other photographs - when they are as close to perfect as I can take them - in the not too distant future.