Thursday, January 01, 2009

Football!

For the past week, I've been enjoying the College football Bowls. I've no idea why they are called 'bowls', I just like watching them (and let's not mention the Dallas Cowboys ever again!)

It's a good thing I don't bet on the games, every single team I've been going for has lost. Every. Damn. One. Even when I changed allegiance. So I'm not going to mention who I'll be cheering in tomorrow's Rose Bowl. I have no wish to be responsible for the weepin' an' awailing of millions.

The whole situation reminds me of when I was first visiting the U.S. with my sister. The team of every city we went to, lost. Including the Washington Redskins who were 10-0 before we turned up! Man... we kept that record to ourselves! And said nothing when we arrived in Atlanta during the last game of the baseball world series...

I don't know what the fascination is with the game, I truly don't. Every year, I take a day off to watch the Super Bowl. I have my popcorn and soft drink and hot dogs, and the game is on mid-morning here. Most people I know are bored with it, especially the constant breaks. Two hours or more to play a game that's really only an hour long? What's up with that?

Anyway, tomorrow the Rose Bowl and the Orange Bowl are being televised, so good luck to... all teams! There, now the weeping won't be my fault.

No comments: